Amy is a Korean American immigrant, transracial adoptee, and a mother of two elementary-aged API boys. Pak has two decades of experience in community organizing, trauma informed healing and anti-racist education and leadership with families of color and youth in Seattle. Pak consults with and trains early educators, parents, and public and independent schools on racial equity and family engagement. Pak received a Master of Social Work from the University of Washington. She is the founding Executive Director of Families Of Color Seattle (FOCS), connecting 2500+ parents to build a loving community of families of color. Seattle Human Services Coalition awarded FOCS The 2016 Ron Chisom Anti-Racism Award. Pak’s work has appeared in NPR KUOW, Red Tricycle Seattle's 13 Power Moms and ParentMap’s ”Someone You Should Know.”
Presentations from Facing Race 2018
FOCS will lead dialogue and provide roadmaps how to grow your organization's brand, mobilize parents and family engagement through grass roots organizing centering Brown and Black leadership, while becoming a valued stakeholder who is invited to the table in city hall and foundations. We share values in blurring the lines of public and private school education equity, how to equip preschools with anti-bias curricula, while organizing woke families of color by showing up in resistance at rallies with babies in carriers.
We cover curricula how to equip parents to talk about racial identity, anti-Blackness, intersectionality and white supremacy with their
children of color and start this work in the home.
• Build community by creating dialogue and toolkits for
undoing racism in racial affinity parent groups and cultural arts.
• Help amplify voices of color for equity, visibility and strategies to close
the opportunity gap for children of color in education and reproductive and disability justice.
• Identify curricula for anti-bias education
• Organizing tools for families of color engagement
* Learn how organize with economic impact for teachers, artists and parents
* How to partner with schools and community based organizations
* Collective and radical fundraising through social media and WOC power.