How It Works
- Scholarships are awarded based on need and individual and/or organizational commitment to racial justice.
- There is no fee to apply for a scholarship. However, if your application is accepted, there is a $50 processing fee that must be paid at the time of your acceptance of an awarded scholarship.
- Please note: if a scholarship is awarded, confirmation to attend and application processing fee must be made within two weeks of being awarded the scholarship. If we do not receive these within 2 weeks, we will offer the scholarship to applicants on the waiting list. Failure to adhere to the guidelines will impact your eligibility to qualify for future Facing Race National Conference scholarships.
- Resources are limited, so we recommend applying as soon as possible. You will receive confirmation once your request is received and scholarship decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Because we have limited funding, we cannot guarantee that all requests can be granted.
- Scholarship recipients are required to do the following upon acceptance of a full or partial conference registration scholarship:
- Write a brief thank you note at the Conference to the donor(s) for the scholarship to attend the conference and the impact of attending the conference on their lives.
- Assist Race Forward with promoting the Conference through social media and other outlets.
- If you are part of a nonprofit organization, we encourage you to contact one of your funders to see if they provide support for grantees to attend conferences like this one. For some grassroots fundraising tips, visit Grassroots Fundraising Journal
We offer partial and full scholarships. Due to limited resources and in the interest of providing financial assistance to as many people as possible, we cannot cover any travel or lodging costs at this time.
- One scholarship per organization.
- People of color, immigrants, and young adults are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarship priority is given to individuals traveling from outside the metropolitan area of Atlanta, GA. (For information on scholarship opportunities for local individuals, please contact our Host Committee.)
Applications are open until August 31, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.